BS EN 16005 Information
BS EN 16005 is the European Standard that is the code of practice for safety in use of automatic doors for pedestrian use. All pedestrian automatic doors installed since April 2013 should comply with the BS EN 16005. There are important considerations when installing automatic doors and advice can be sought from ADSA members or by contacting email@example.com.
ADSA has developed the BS EN 16005 examination to ensure that member’s employees understand and comply with it. ADSA member candidates can prepare for the examination by purchasing the BS EN 16005 standard publication from the ADSA office. This is a hard copy; electronic copies have to be purchased direct from BSI at the full price.
Once a candidate is ready to take the BS EN 16005 examination, please contact us to arrange a place. Testing is carried out at centres around the UK and Ireland most months of the year depending on demand.
You can download the BS EN 16005 application form below and submit the form to the ADSA office.
BS EN 16005 Examination Information
- Members price: £35.00 plus VAT per person
- Non ADSA members can NOT undertake the BS EN 16005 examination
- The examination takes an hour, and is a multiple choice question paper
- The examination paper consists of 50 questions; the pass mark is 72%
- Electrical Guidance is included in the examination
- Signage specified in BS 7036 is included in the exam
- Reference is made to the test boxes used in BS 7036 and BS EN 16005
- If Engineers have any special considerations such as learning disabilities they should contact ADSA directly to arrange your examination
- The BS EN 16005 publication can be purchased directly from the BSI for non ADSA members
- We require payment for the exam 14 days before the examination date
- Application Forms and passport sized photographs must be received by ADSA office prior to the examination date
British Standard Publication
Members can prepare for the BS EN 16005 Examination by purchasing a copy of the British Standard at a discounted rate only available to members from the ADSA office.
Any non ADSA members can purchase the BSEN 16005 publication directly from the BSI.